- Brewery – Audacity Brew House in Denton, TX
- Beer Name – Abbey Series Grand Cru
- Served in an Audacity pint glass
- Style – Belgian Strong Dark Ale
- ABV – 12.5%
- IBU – 30
- Untappd score – 3.753 (6,590 ratings)
I’ve had a few beers from Audacity and I haven’t been impressed. This one may have the most potential of any of their beers. After all, the bottle says that this is the very best a brewery has to offer. But it’s still not great. There is a decent tasting Belgian beer in there but then they poured a bunch of sugar into it. It’s way too sweet. I would not recommend this beer. Still better than the Baltika stout on day 1, but not by much.
It gets a bit tiring to worry about everything that is happening in Trumpland every day. I do worry that everything that is happening is having a real impact on the mental health of a large portion of the population. There were things I was going to talk about today, like Trump’s inexplicable (the article title is a joke but the content is accurate) speech about Black History Month. But that just makes me more upset. So for one day, here is some positive news:
- In Texas, a Jewish synagogue is helping out Muslim worshipers after their mosque was burned down.
- Ikea is giving jobs to Syrian refugees.
- Joe and Jill Biden have launched a charitable foundation, the Biden Foundation.