- Brewery – Brouwerij Alvinne in Moen, Belgium
- Beer Name – Cuvée Freddy (Sophie Edition)
- Served in an Apple Blossom nonic pint glass
- Style – Sour Ale
- ABV – 8%
- IBU – N/A
- Untappd score – 4.156 (1,074 ratings)
This is the second sour beer that I have had in the challenge. The style is growing on me and this one is excellent. It is sour but has some sweetness as well and there is definitely a bit of a wine flavor in there. The label states that it was aged in oak barrels, and I don’t taste that much except maybe as a slight aftertaste. I’d recommend this beer to anyone who enjoys sour beers.
- My photographer/girlfriend is out sick for the 2nd straight day so there’s just a crappy cell phone picture once again!
- Tomorrow is the end of the first quarter of this challenge. I have what should be a great beer lined up to celebrate making it this far!
I’m very anti-Trump and it can be easy to get caught up in looking at only the news you want to see and ignore anything positive that he might be doing. I’m keeping an eye out. If I see something positive, I’ll say something. But I’m not the only one that isn’t seeing much positive here. Gallup has a daily tracker poll that charts the president’s job approval by day and Trump’s numbers today were a new low for him at 40-55 (-15). The net approval of -15 is lower than former president Obama’s approval was at any point during his 8 years. It took Trump less than a month to reach that point (he started out at 45-45 in their first tracker for him, which made him the first president to be inaugurated with less than 50% approval). Of course, this doesn’t really mean much at this point. He could be at 1-99 and as long as the 1% includes the Republicans in Congress, he will continue to be president. In reality though, if these numbers get much worse, some Republicans may turn against him so that he doesn’t drag them down as well. Stay tuned!